The very first chemical peel dates back to the time of Egyptians, who used the lactic acid in sour milk baths, various chemicals, and sandpaper in order to attain a smoother skin. In the Middle Ages, old wine with tartaric acid as its active ingredient was used for the same purpose. So beauty benefits of these chemical peels are not new as they had been discovered long back. The difference in then and now is just the increase of variety, knowledge and technology. Read on to know the peels available with us:
– Glycolic peel: Glycolic Acid is a superficial peeling agent that is made from sugar cane. It is often considered the most active and beneficial of the Alpha-Hydroxy-Acids (AHA). It is believed to be more effective for skincare than other AHAs because of its smaller molecular structure. It easily penetrates skin to exfoliate layers of dead skin cells to give you a clear, even-toned and radiant complexion. It serves as a catalyst for the formation of new collagen which reduces the appearance of wrinkles, and treats hyper pigmentation, melasma, actinic keratosis, acne, and oily skin. Glycolic Acid is the most adaptable and beneficial AHA.
– Glycoveda: Want to bid adieu to skin woes like acne, pigmentation, open pores, freckles, melasma and fine lines? You can have a soft, supple, glowing complexion with an improved skin texture with this procedure. Commonly known as glycolic peels. Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid derived from natural source sugarcane. Being the smallest molecule amongst AHAs it deeply penetrates the skin treating various skin problems effectively, which makes it the most active and beneficial amongst the AHAs. It further stimulates the production of collagen, increases the cell turnover and draws moisture to the newly exfoliated skin.
The treatment gives you the beauty benefits of sugarcane, which goes under the damaged upper layers of the skin and weakens the binding properties of the lipids that hold dead skin cells together. This action allows the layer of dead skin cells to ‘dissolve’, bringing up a new skin, giving a brighter and even toned skin. Generally, glycolic treatments include peels, glycolic washes, and other skin treatments which help in achieving a flawless skin.
– Actipeel: The peel is formulated with 82% lactic acid which is used to add a glow to your skin. Like all AHAs, lactic acid is also derived from natural source-fermented milk. Enriched with herbal anti-aging ingredients, actipeel ensures better rejuvenation for a healthy & younger looking skin. It has a gel texture, high concentration of acid and a pH 2.5 allows lactic acid to slowly penetrate into the skin without producing any irritation. Noticeable results are achieved in the skin texture with little downtime. Moreover, the lactic acid in fermented milk helps in maintaining the pH balance of the skin and gives it a boost of hydration. You just need to take one sitting in a month for first three months, your skin will feel rejuvenated from the first session itself.
– Claze: It contains a unique combination of ingredients that help in reducing the visible signs of intrinsic ageing and pigmentation around the eyes, and also to rejuvenate mature skin. Exclusive push and pull technology increases drug penetration by creating an intracutaneous depot effect in the epidermis which enables slow and localised diffusion of the drug overtime enhancing results.
The peel is derived from willow bark extract which contains salicylic acid, a BHA that acts as a natural exfoliant, helping the skin to shed dead cells, keeping the pores clear, and reducing age spots and discolouration. The acid also stimulates regeneration of cells. Much similar to other natural power actives this bark extract has flavonoids and tannins. These antioxidants help in protecting the skin against damaging free radicals, leaving the skin rejuvenating.
The synergistic combination of the ingredients improves radiance and minimizes the appearance of dark circles, puffiness, wrinkles and crow’s feet within four to eight weeks. It is recommended for those with extremely sensitive skin, and for those who show indications of peri-orbital hyper pigmentation, lip lightening, fine lines and wrinkles.
– Arginine peel: The most common peels which rejuvenate and moisturise the skin and prevent the development of inflammatory process. Derived from brown sugar they work effectively in treating acne eruptions, reducing dark circles, leaving you a much improved skin texture and elasticity. Brown sugar is an excellent exfoliator which sloughs off dead skin cells leaving a smooth textured glowing skin. Its anti-bacterial properties together with glycolic acid condition the skin and protect it from harmful toxins. The peel functions at the level the top layer of the dermis. The procedure belongs to the superficial exfoliation, that’s why it is not able to influence age-related changes of women’s skin integument after their 40’s, and it is prescribed as a cleaning complex. For younger patients under 35 years old regular realisation of this kind of peeling provides the increase of turgor and tonus, improvement of micro-circulation and blood flow, decrease of small lines.
– Salipeel: As the name depicts the peel has salicylic acid (20%), a gentle BHA derived from willow bark. The acid works gently by encouraging the shedding of outer layers of skin allowing it to be replaced with healthy skin and dislodging dirt & sebum from pores which in turn balances oil production and also lessens the appearance of scars. Its capacity for deep pore penetration makes it an excellent choice for mild to moderate acne vulgaris.
The very first session of the procedure leaves your skin feeling healthy, smooth, firm and youthful in appearance. The number of sessions required for benefitting results vary from person to person. The skin condition that is going to be treated and the severity of the skin damage also determine the number of sittings.
– Vedasol: It is a widely used procedure in the management of acne, acne scars, pigmentation, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles. Their addition to the regimen infused with the goodness of sweet birch helps in improvement of overall skin texture. Sweet birch is recognized for centuries as among the most effective of toners and tighteners of skin. Its active ingredients, salicylic acid and methyl salicylate make this minty, versatile ingredient an excellent choice for the removal of acne and acne scars. The antiseptic and disinfectant properties of the ingredient protect the skin from bacterial and fungal infections.
– Pyruvic peel: The pyruvic acid is used under this procedure. The acid has proven its efficiency for the treatment of several skin conditions such as acne, pigmentation, superficial scarring, photo damage, warts and more. The natural source of the acid is apples and honey which help in deep penetration of the peel into the dermis stimulating the collagen production and elastin, leaving a healthy, firm skin with reduced signs of ageing and scars. Honey is loaded with several antioxidants and nutrients which keep the skin nourished and improve the texture. The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties reduce the appearance of scars, pigmentation and stimulate tissue regeneration, thus resulting in a brighter complexion. On the other hand apples have the highest content of collagen and elastin, the two must-haves to keep you looking youthful and flawless. Together these two power ingredients work on the skin to solve several dermatological conditions.