About Dr Shehla Agrawal
Dr. Shehla Agarwal is the director and consultant dermatologist of MEHAK-The Derma and Surgery clinic at Sarvodya enclave, south Delhi. A Graduate and Post-grad from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi she is in practice for 12 years at own clinic and also associated with Apollo Hospital. She is involved with the print media and television as their skin consultant and writes regularly for newspapers like HT and TOI, and have monthly columns in magazines like Cosmopolitan, Good housekeeping, Prevention, Eternal solutions.
A regular face on television she takes explaining skin intricacies as a Challenge.
Dr. Shehla conducts workshops for public education on skin care, Antiageing and other skin and hair related problems all over the country and abroad.
Dr. Manish Agarwal ,her husband is a senior surgeon with Max Healthcare and Mehak her daughter is only 12 but has all the plans to follow in mother‘s footsteps.
Academic / Professional Qualification
|M.B.B.S (4 1/2) years internship (1) year (1987-1992)||:||Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated width LNJP Hospital, GB Pant and GN Eye Centre New Delhi – 110001.|
|M.D (3years) (1994-1997)||:||Deptt. Of Dermatology, Venereology, & Leprosy, Maulana Azad Medical College And Associated Hospital, New Delhi – 110001.|
- Dermato Surgery & dermatological problems.
- Sexually transmitted diseases clinic with experience in AIDS Counseling.
- Psychosexual clinic in association with department of Psychiatry, G.B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi.
- Experience in Urban Leprosy Center.
- Vitiligo – Medical and Surgical Management.
- Allergy clinic experience.
- Dermatopathology and Laboratory training.
Thesis done on “clinic aetiological profiles of urethral discharge in male patients with special reference to Non – gonococcal urethrities ”.
- CLINIQUE – study done to see the effect of clinique products on Indian skin type.
- Currently doing lecture series in Delhi University.
- Consultant and trainer for finishing schools.
- Regular speaker for specialist meetings.
- Advisory board member of Derma associations.
Awards and Achievements
- Best presentation award of continuing medical education by All India Association of Dermatologist, Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL) ON TOPIC “Rationale of steroid therapy in dermatological practice”.
- Paper presented at All India conference and CME programme of IADVL at Ahmedabad, Agra and Chandigarh.
- All India Merit Certificate holders on Secondary School Examination, E.B.S.E.
- Graduation with distinction.
- General Secretary of Resident Doctors Association, LNJP New Delhi.
- Cosmetology and cosmetic surgery including electrocautery, Electrolysis and epilation.
- Lasers for hair removal, Pigmentation
- Member of Indian Association of Dermatologist, Venereologists, and Leprologist(IADVL)
- Executive Member of “The Cosmetology and Dermatology society of India”.
- Member Indian Medical Association.
- General Secretary of Resident Doctor Association, LNJP New Delhi.
- Indraprastha Apollo Medical Centre, Vasant Kunj.
- “MEHAK…the derma and surgery clinic”, New Delhi.
- Bhagwati Institute of Medical Sciences, Mehrauli.
- Hindustan Times,- Dermatology consultant
- Cosmopolitan magazine – Monthly Beauty Column
- Femina- Regular contributor
- 4thD Magazine- Question and ans column.
- Aajtak, CNN-IBN, NDTV and all the major channels.
- On line consultant for the Times of India at India Times.com.