Dr Shehla Agarwal is a well-known skin specialist practicing in Delhi since 1998. She is a pioneer in the industry having expertise in dermatology, cosmetology, cosmetic surgery, anti-ageing, peels, laser and skin rejuvenation treatments. She is also the director and consultant dermatologist of MEHAK-The Derma and Surgery Clinic at Sarvodya Enclave, South Delhi, which offers a wide range of treatments to its valuable patients. Born and brought up in Delhi she is a Maulana Azad Medical College graduate and an MD specializing in Dermatology.
She is known for her warm nature, excellent communication skills and public speaking qualities. Over the years she has worked with:
– Apollo Hospital
– Vasant Lok Hospital, healing touch hospital
– Mehak – The Derma & Surgery Clinic, which has become her karmbhumi, where the care and treatment are moduled according to her expertise and patient’s need.
Innovative clinical treatments administered with good old-fashioned attention is what has kept her ahead in the arena of surgical as well as non-surgical aesthetics.
Being a source of knowledge, she has been an influencer in the field of academics. Through her years of practice she has conducted several workshops to educate people about the importance of skincare, anti-ageing and hair care. She has also been a consultant and trainer for finishing schools.
She is actively involved with the print media and television as a skin consultant and writes regularly for newspapers and magazines.
Besides these achievements Dr Agarwal has also contributed to:
– In association with the Indian government she devised a programme to train and increase the rate of employment of girls in the dermatology industry.
– Allied with Aurbindo Ashram as their dermatologist and as a founder member of Chintan (an association for rag pickers), she has tried to find ways to reach people wherever possible.
– She is on advisory board of pharmaceutical and cosmeceutical companies, helps them understand the Indian skin and the products needed.
Her husband Dr. Manish Agarwal is a senior surgeon with Max hospital and at Mehak, a fully fledged Operation theater is functional where skin surgeries like mole removal, hair transplant, tumour surgeries are conducted.
She has been blessed with a daughter, Mehak, who aspires to be a doctor just like her parents, and is also an amazing painter, baker and singer.
Her dermatological experience includes:
– Dermato surgery and dermatological problems.
– Hair and nail problems
– Vitiligo – Medical and Surgical Management.
– Allergy clinic experience.
– Dermatopathology and laboratory training.
– Cosmetology and cosmetic counseling.
– Lasers for hair removal
– Fractional laser use for scar removal
– Co2 laser surgeries
– Hair transplant in association with plastic surgeon.
Dr Shehla’s words; “Life is not about what you do but who you are as a person.”
Her motto at Mehak: To make you feel comfortable in your own skin, never promise the moon but to do the best possible within the realms of reality.